Race distance is approximately 4.5km.
Covid 19 restrictions in place.
First race starts at 10am and the next ones will follow at 1 minute intervals.
Congregation by the Entrance to Commonwealth Park (Click here to see location on map).
Due to Covid 19 restrictions, the following must be adhered to:
- Max number of 90 athletes split into six races of 15 runners.
- Warm up to be done prior to arriving.
- Athletes must arrive 15 minutes prior to the race start time.
- No holding area for clothes or personal belongings will be available.
- No water will be handed out.
- Once athletes have finished they must move away from the finish line immediately and not congregate in the surrounding area.
- No spectators will be allowed around the start/finish line or surrounding areas.
- Bibs not to be returned back once used.
- Toilet facilities may not be available on the day of the race.
- No registration on the day. Registration to be done prior to the event with a cut-off date of Wednesday 14th April 2021. This must be done by completing the online registration form available on this page. Team captains are encouraged to send one registration with full details of their team.
Robert Matto (GAAA Vice-President) will be available on Thursday 15th April 2021 in the GAAA office situated in the Victoria Stadium for collection of cash payments. The GAAA office is located behind the hockey pitch stands just beside the tennis courts where you need to go up some stairs before proceeding to the second door on your right (Click here to see location on map). Cash is to be handed to Robert solely by the team captain or in the case of individuals by themselves on this date from 6pm to 7pm. Alternatively, prior to this date arrangements can be made with Robert by contacting him on +35056358000.
Registration Fee is £5. A medal will be handed out to all participants at the end of the race.
Note: This is a ‘Road Race’ and as with all road races care must be taken with road traffic and pedestrians. Marshals will be placed at intervals across the route.
Race Route – Start at Commonwealth Park, down along Queensway, up Ragged Staff, turn up Europa Road and all the way to the Top of the Rock via Engineer Road, past the Pillars of Hercules, up towards St Michael’s Cabin, continuing up past the new Sky Walk to the Finish Line just below the Top Station Cable Car