Race 1 – Approx 5km – 9th May 2021
Race 2 – Approx 10km – 23rd May 2021
Race 3 – Approx 16km – 6th June 2021
Trophies will be awarded to first, second and third placed Male/Female overall winners of all the races combined in the following categories:
- Senior 15 to 34
- Masters A 35 to 44
- Masters B 45 to 54
- Masters C 55 to 59
- Masters D 60+
All races count towards the overall winner, the winners of each category denoted by the overall points for each race.
In each category by race the first 3 score points as follows:
- 1st – 3 points
- 2nd – 2 points
- 3rd – 1 point
Places below 3rd in each category do not score points. Points are totaled up for the three races to arrive at the winners.
Each race route will be announced when registration for the race opens. Race 1 announced below:
Race starts at 10am.
Congregation by the new Mid Town Park where the finish to the race will be (Click here to see location on map).
Registration Fee is £5.
Due to Covid 19 restrictions in place, the following must be adhered to:
- Warm up to be done prior to arriving.
- Athletes must arrive 15 minutes prior to the race start time.
- No holding area for clothes or personal belongings will be available.
- No water will be handed out.
- Once athletes have finished they must move away from the finish line immediately and not congregate in the surrounding area.
- No spectators will be allowed around the start/finish line or surrounding areas.
- Bibs not to be returned back once used.
- Toilet facilities may not be available on the day of the race.
- No registration on the day. Registration to be done prior to the event with a cut-off date of Wednesday 5th May 2021. This must be done by completing the online registration form available on this page. Team captains are encouraged to send one registration with full details of their team.
Robert Matto (GAAA Vice-President) will be available on Thursday 6th May 2021 in the GAAA office situated in the Victoria Stadium for collection of cash payments. The GAAA office is located behind the hockey pitch stands just beside the tennis courts where you need to go up some stairs before proceeding to the second door on your right (Click here to see location on map). Cash is to be handed to Robert solely by the team captain or in the case of individuals by themselves on this date from 6pm to 7pm. Alternatively, prior to this date arrangements can be made with Robert by contacting him on +35056358000.
Note: This is a ‘Road Race’ and as with all road races care must be taken with road traffic and pedestrians. Marshals will be placed at intervals across the route.
Race 1 Route: Start outside old Rooke site – Queensway – Ragged Staff Road – Rosia Road – Cumberland Road – Turn by Rosia Plaza – Cumberland Road – Rosia Road – Ragged Staff Road – Queensway – Mid Town Park pathway – End